Saturday, February 8, 2014

Doily Cards


While in St. George I needed a craft to do while my little guy was napping! I found these on Pinterest and was instantly intrigued! I had to give them a try! Spray painted cards with Doily's!





What you will need (shown below):
-1 pack of paper doily's (If you can find some with different patterns, I highly recommend that).
-1 can of colored spray paint, I chose a color I would be using again (they have mini sizes for smaller projects now.)
-1 pack of plain cards with or without envelopes.
-A form of backing to spray onto (I chose lines paper. I didn't have any newspaper.)


 Take your backing and lay it out, giving yourself plenty of space to work and have over spray.
**One note here, after your first few cards, the backing will get full of paint. Replace it every so often so that your paint doesn't get on the inside of your cards and make a mess.**


Place your card on the backing. Add doily's. Use a stabilizer on the doily's. The forced air from the spray paint will move then and create a shadowing effect.


Now you are ready to spray your cards!


Remove doily's carefully so you don't smudge your paint.
Repeat with all your cards and give ample time to dry.



When completed, you will have a design all of your own!










No comments:

Post a Comment