Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pumpkin Protein Bars

Do you love pumpkin cookies? I do! But with this healthy kick, I can't eat the ones at the store.... Sad faces all around. But! (There s always a but) I have found an awesome recipe done by Jamie Eason. She competed in the Miss Universe competition, with this, I trust her judgment on if something is healthy or not.

Found on her recipe page of BodyBuilding.com , these pumpkin bars have made it so I can enjoy a form of a pumpkin cookie without the guilt.


Pumpkin Protein Bars:

Ingredients needed:
Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.




4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts or chocolate chips), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.






5. Use a toothpick to make sure the center is cooked thoroughly. If you use a different type of flour, this could alter your cook time just a bit. Monitor closely as to not overcook or burn.
6. Make 24 squares
 Since there are no preservatives in this recipe, do not leave out. Place squares in plastic bags and put in the fridge. If not placed in the fridge, all your hard work will go to waste and will become bad to eat.

When I put mine in bags, I place 2 in each then write the date they were made on it. If you intend to make these a lot, this will help you to cycle through the ones you made first.


I hope you enjoy these bars as much as I do!! They make for a very healthy snack! If you have any troubles, go to Jamie Eason's recipe and there is an instructional video that will help! Please post your thought on if it worked for you or not and why. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment